That line is real with all its feathering and folds, sound and sense. Do not fear its pull to the middle of the page, to the margin, as it makes you breathe or sigh at its glorious shape, its audacity to dress blank spaces, to open up with conviction again and again.
You are here: Home » And Still, The Sentence
Can’t find it? Search this site.
Writer, arts educator (at Wexner Center for the Arts), creator of PAGES: An Arts, Literacy, & Writing Program. Wife, mom, creative girl living with three boys, one guy, and a journal. Here is where my words and wonder often collide, and how I live and write life creative. Thanks for stopping by.
PROFESSIONAL BIO and RESUME
Pages: Art and Writing
Check out wexpagesonline.edublogs.org for more information on the PAGES program, a yearlong writing program for high school students, a partnership with teachers, artists, writers, and the Wexner Center for the Arts. Visit wexpagesonline.edublogs.org for teaching and learning resources pairing writing and the arts.
Follow me on Twitter @dcusteredwardsMy Tweets
art arts blogging books boy wonder color creative Creative Commentary creative writing creativity culture education family food friendship home inspiration kids life lifestyle literature love marriage Montessori morning motherhood nature news parenting photography poetry politics prose quotes raising kids relationships style The Human Condition toys travel wonder words words matter working mom Writing
- ‘The world is a possibility if only you’ll discover it.’ March 12, 2014
- Beautiful Distractions in 21st Century Learning (video) December 2, 2012
- “What are you doing next Sunday?” he asked. July 10, 2011
- A reflection on “otherness” in the public and private space March 26, 2012
- (Morning) Do April 9, 2015
- To Write or Not to Write at 5am January 7, 2013
- Don’t fall in love with the first line, it will break your heart January 31, 2013
- Full Moon Bruise February 18, 2014
- A Creative Summer “GetAway” May 23, 2013
- A slight grad school set back, an empathetic son June 26, 2011