Parenthood, Day #181

There might be something better than his tiny fingers wrapped around mine. But at this very moment, I can’t think of anything.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Parenting

6 Comments on “Parenthood, Day #181”

1. Awanthi @ I Speak Awanthi
    December 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

That’s gorgeous. :) I envy you; I don’t know if I’ll ever be a mother. Some day.

I’ll dream. :)

• December 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

Thank you Awanthi. You are very kind. I do cherish these moments and I’m glad when I share them, people enjoy them. I think beyond or even in spite of motherhood, we find a way to mother. I remember before I had children of my own, I could love and share in the experiences of the young people in and around my life: my nephew and niece, my students, kids from the neighborhood, kids in need. That is what is amazing about us as humans, we can “mother” in the spirit by just loving a young person in or around our lives.

And one day if you choose to have a child of your own, you will have had many years of “mothering” practice: giving and receiving love. :)

Take good care and I’m happy you stopped by for a visit and that you joined the conversation! :)

• Awanthi @ I Speak Awanthi
        December 11, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

Thank you, Dionne. You’re absolutely right; we do have many opportunities for mothering. I certainly get them with my godson and his four sisters. I also mother my two cats on a daily basis (three now, because I’m fostering a kitten before he is adopted). *laugh*

Thanks. You made me smile. I appreciate you and I appreciate your blog. :)

• December 12, 2012 at 4:39 am #

And that makes me smile. :) Thanks Awanthi!

2. December 10, 2012 at 8:37 am #

I just love when you post about your children. Those moments are so special. They’re gone in the blink of an eye. It seems like just yesterday when my son was grasping my fingers in wonder and now he’s taller than I am. Enjoy every moment.

• December 10, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Thanks Stephanie. These moments are so precious aren’t they? I’m so glad that they are inspiring to other mothers such as yourself, other women, other parents. One day our children are babies, then in the blink of an eye, their voices change, their limbs are long, and they are asking to borrow the car right?! Wait…I’m not ready for that yet! For now, I’ll just enjoy holding their tiny little fingers. Thanks as always for sharing and for supporting my blog.